Monday, April 9, 2007

unpacking day!

Finally this day was here... well a little bit here at least.

Just so everyone understands 90% of my stuff has been in storage since last July when I first left Denver. I literally didn't even understand until I just thought about it. Well, today mom started packing and as she is packing for the shift to Arizona, I am unpacking. So today I found some books and office supplies. As well as those pictures that last July I didn't really know how to deal with. I still really don't. The wedding pictures or vacation pictures of Mike and I don't really make me sad anymore, but it feels strange to hold on to them, and it feels more strange to throw them away. Hmm... enter your comments here: what should I do with the old pictures? Burn? Box and save to find again in a year? I dunno.

Anyway, over the weeks and days ahead, I will get to continue to free my stuff from the terrible world of storage. YAY .. stuff! I do have to say though, I've learned how little I can live without! I wouldn't call myself a 'volunteer' minimalist, but if I have to be a minimalist I can. Apparently. I'll will complain constantly though, so don't make me.

Hey Dan - I cooked bacon today. And man, oh man, do I STILL hate cooking bacon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that those picture are part of your life experience so I think you should put them on a dvd and save it. I am not sure about the photos themself I am having the same problems what to keep and what to throw away. but if they are on a dvd they do not take up any space and can't really get ruined. enjoy the unpaking it is almost like Christmas for you
LUV U GRAMS

Anonymous said...

WOW! It is 6:59 in the Am and I don't think real well this early! BUT I agree with Grams. All of your experiences in life are learning experiences. Just because it didn't last for ever and ever you were there and did enjoy it at the time. I think a DVD is the thing to do. Then you can throw the pix out and get on with it
Oh and there is a screen cover for the pan to cook bacon that saves a lot of work!
Love ya
Aunt Sandi

tt said...

I spilled some bacon grease on my hand about three years ago and got a nickel sized blister on my finger. Instead of going to the hopspital, I treated it myself, which while successful, involved grossing people out with my creepy mummy hand-that was fun for me. I also agree that if you are ambivalent about getting rid of the pictures, then you shouldn't get rid of them until you are sure.

DJ said...

I propose using the pictures as a shield, which will reduce the chances of a bacon-related injury.

Unknown said...

I wish I could unpack with you. I always find fun stuff when I move things around! If you want, you can send the pictures to me to store, and I'll have them if you ever want them for anything!