Sunday, April 8, 2007

Looong weekend

Or at least it felt long. It was still really stinkin' cold outside and there was way too much to do. We had to finish the bathhouse renovation and everything inside is complete!! So we can relax a little you think? No no no! We did work a little slower this weekend, but still plenty to do. And it seemed like all of it needed to be outside for some time.
Saturday was the Eisenhower Marathon here in Abilene and it did bring back a few memories. Some good (the end) and some bad (everything from about Mile 3 to the end). I was definitely glad that Heather and I ran in it last year; the temperature Saturday morning was barely 20. At least last year I think it hit 50 in the afternoon! I didn't wake up to see the start of the race though - I wanted to, but when 7:00 am came I thought "ughhhhhhh" and fell back asleep.
Anyway... a lot of work this weekend, not a lot of play, so very little to blog about. Two new recipes I'll be trying this week.. that's called a cliffhanger.
Tata and good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok to start with I just called time and temp it is 11:02 PM and 75 degrees hope that makes you feel better... glad to see another blog I have been checking in a lot. it does not matter to me how much news you have just so we hear how you are and a little of what is going on .... kind of sorry to hear that you did not do the run this year but there will always be another one... keep up the good work... juv u Grams

Anonymous said...

Sometimes Grams can be real smarties. Telling someone who lives where it is 20 that somewhere in the world it is 75. It is raining at my house so I guess she has the best of all our worlds.
I didn't have to worry about the eggs... The Easter Bunny missed my house.
Have a great day!
Love ya
Aunt Sandi

tt said...

We saw some now on Friday night, but of course it didn't stick. We are also disappointed about the lack of springtime warmth right now, but I'm sure it will make us really appreciate it when we get some!