Thursday, April 5, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Or at least late fall, early spring. It actually is snowing here. I was wearing shorts on Sunday and eating ice cream (well...whatever is in the non-dairy products sold by Dairy Queen) with LJ and today it is snowing and we are worried about the pipes freezing.



In other news, the major, major projects in the bath-house renovation project are complete. We shall drink and be merry tonight. By the fire. As we sing Christmas carols and string popcorn.
In response to comments: I'm also happy to be back blogging...I've missed the glory and fame! Bacon is a fun food to blog about, but one of my least favorite to cook. The splashing, the opportunity for pain and the cholesterol are all big negatives in my book. But the ability to say "Yes, I DID eat some animal fat today!" that's priceless. Mountain oysters... actually barely a week ago I was offered mountain oysters. When the guy said "They used to be mine, until I gave 'em to my mom." and "They are a real pain in the ass to clean." I politely declined.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good laugh! Tho' the snow sucks and wasn't supposed to stick. I was hoping for shrimps on the bar-b and settled for grilled cheese (hot chocolate, optional). I wonder how oyster cleaning compares to washing the bottom of your feet. hmmm

Anonymous said...

DISSSCCCUSTING!!!!!Politely declined???
Tell that guy just what to do with his...what ever
Snowing huh! I would not have been a believer if you had not included a pix. It is nice in So Calif. and we have planted our garden
Glad the bath house is done. I know it looks GREAT!
I barbequed a steak and steamed asparagus for my dinner. Ate it under the trees, watching the birds
Love you
Aunt Sandi

Anonymous said...

Yipee the bathhouse is finished but THAT WHITE STUFF ON THE GROUND I have to wonder if you did not just pull up a photo from time back. Now about the oysters they have another name also CALF FRIES and back when the children were very little in a very loud cafe in Texas (or somewhere like that) I embarrased myself badly by asking in a very loud voice (just as the noise stopped) WHAT ARE CALF FRIES? enough said LUV U keep it coming. Grams

Anonymous said...

Hey Cass; So glad you're back with these bloggs, I just love them. You're better than a morning cup of coffee (it bothers my stomach you tickle my heart). You are such a good writer, I really hope you write a book someday, other people should have a little of the privileges we do. Oh, yah it's nice to be able to see snow in distant places and not have to deal with it. We've been swimming since Feb. 20 and now the water is 80 and very nice. Come visit when you can. Love you, Aunt Trica

DJ said...

I don't appreciate the neagtive comments about bacon.

Unknown said...

Eeeeeeeewww! I'm glad it was warm when I was there, but I'm kind of sorry I missed the snow. Yay! The bathhouse is finished! And I got one of the first showers! :-) (Just wanted to brag.)