Monday, April 16, 2007

The circus is in town!


Well not exactly - but I was right, the gypsies are here. I didn't think it would be obvious but when you have a woman leaning out the window of her hunormous truck to her Arkansas Razorbacks T-shirt wearing husband waving cash yelling "Elvis! Elvis!" you think to yourself "... here they are, the gypsies." If one of them offers to read my fortune, I have to admit that I will buy into that scam, but I don't think they are 'see the future' kind of gypsies. Unfortunately.

Anyway, today was a beautiful day, so I decided to finish the mowing this morning. Hit a couple of rocks first thing and then no grass would be cut by that mower. Now I want you to imagine my panic. Although there were no hiccuping tears on the outside, you know that scene in "Christmas Story"? "Fuuuuuuuuuudddge"? That's me at that point. Understand: my mom loves this lawn mower more than 3 of her children. Here's the heirarchy:
Molly
Erikka (She beats the mower b/c she provided said grandchild)
Lawn Mower
CariMikeCassie

I don't take offense to this (and neither should Cari or Mike). I mean who can blame her? The name - Husqvarna - just say it. It's phonetic. It's got a q without a u. I can't compete with that. And it's orange! And much more useful than I am, most days. I figured this was the end of my riding mower fun - my mom was gonna say put it away and weed-wack the entire park from here on out. (The only problem with her saying that is that at the end of a couple of weeks of that, my biceps would be 'Ultimate Fighter' type and then she'd have to deal with me when she got back. Wouldn't be pretty.) Well, when my right hand man Jeff came home he was able to look at it and it seems very fixable. Phew. My mom will let me live another day.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, here's the deal little Ingrid, as I like to call her, is a great little worker and makes the large task of mowing a peaceful meditation time in an otherwise hectic schedule. The other children have all had their time in my life, much of which was other than peaceful. You get what I mean. Jeff, is a life saver - not Cassie's she was in no real threat of bodily harm much less death, but Ingrid's and I know Cass is as thankful as I am. But alas, Cass was not the first to break her little shearpins!

tt said...

"And much more useful than I am, most days." Dont sell yourself short. Lawnmowers, although practical, are almost never funny. And I bet there has never been a day when you would let a couple of rocks slow you down.

Unknown said...

Tell Jeff he does good work! Anyone who can fix a ginormous lawnmower is OK in my book. I hope you are not scared away of mowing now, between snakes and rocks and all. Watch out for giant low-flying birds, too!

Anonymous said...

Sorry tt - gotta disagree with ya - Dec 1997 - rocks slowed Cass down. But if she would have had little Ingrid on her side she would have kept going - down the hill. (Sledding - 1/2" of snow - probably using a cookie sheet or trash can lid, Roswell, GA. head first into the planter area.) Baker's Secret or Rubbermade can not stand up to Husqvarna. -Caron