Monday, February 18, 2008

updates all around

Hiya all!

I hope you are all doing great - I'm going ok, myself!

So here's what's going on - My second job is going pretty good - and I know this won't mean anything to most of you, but I almost completed a booking on Saturday. Pretty big deal at Rooster.com.

Yesterday, we had our first cookout of the year. Jeff bought some meat and potatoes and Leon smoked them up for us as we watched Nascar. I'm rooting for Kasey Kahne this year. Because he's my age and cute! Three things you should take from this update - it's as if we are WILLING spring to come by grilling out already this year. I'm kinda red-necky. I'm also very shallow when it comes to sports.

I finally finished knitting by far the biggest knitting project I've ever undertaken- I made Jeff a Queen-sized afghan. I call it hoboish, because of all the different colors, but I needed to use up as much yarn as I could. I still have oodles. Luckily, I already have another project in mind.. idle hands.



We got a third long-termer in the park and 1 weekender, so we were up to four campers for this weekend. The most we've had all year. I'm taking this as a clue that I should try to enjoy the slow-ness as much as possible, because it won't be long now...spring and summer and the masses (hopefully) will come.

This weekend Jeff and I and his kids are going to Ft. Scott, KS to do some major 4-wheeling. He recently bought bigger tires and a lift kit - which should definitely be installed by Friday. Pictures of the new monster mail-man truck will be here. Lessons from this paragraph. I enjoy being rednecky.

Mom and Grandma got new puppies - Lab mixes. Baby (Black and White) is Gracie's sister and Rocky is Lucky's brother.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally have a hard time deciding which of these puppies are the cutest..but I must say that Rocky fits our house just fine...oh and what a beautiful job of knitting I wish I could do that...the weekend activity sounds like fun enjoy it while you can because soon you will be so busy you will not have time..Luv U lots My REDNECKISH GRANDAUGHTER...GRAMS

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the real world - most of us have some redneckedness :) in us!
Work, Work, play- that is a pretty good balance.
Love ya, Mom

Anonymous said...

Soooooo CUTE!!!