Monday, February 25, 2008

This rain is wet!

And that ice is slippery.

At bowling last week, I discovered something fantastic. The league information sheets that hang on the wall post things like average, high game, etc, etc...and are usually a point of real embarassment for me. But I learned last week through some sort secretarial error, my high game is posted as 196. Now... this is clearly false, but I ain't tellin'. I was told by Don - who is 108 years old if he is a day that if I bowl a turkey, he's giving me a kiss before I leave the bowling alley. Thusly, I bowled very badly. Not that I had to work at it, but I wasn't taking any risks. Oh! And Cy (team-member and partial owner of the bowling alley) gave me a ball! So now I have my own shoes and ball - granted it's one of the old public balls, but still!

We went 4-wheeling this weekend and had a really good time! It's about a 4 hour drive or so to ft. Scott, were this particular event was held and I passed the time in the car down by crocheting Brooke her blanket. She saw me working and asked if I would teach her how - I had extra stuff so I did. It was pretty typical - she lost interest fairly quickly after getting frustrated, much as I'm sure I did when I was ten, but it was pretty neat getting to teach somebody crafty stuff - I learned from my mom, who learned from her mom, and so on. I don't 'the point' to having kids. I don't know the 'right' answer to the question 'Why do you want to have kids?' I don't even think I want to have kids anymore, but it's nice and interesting to have a hand in someone learning something - it's pretty validating.

Anyway, the 4-wheeling went fine, but it was pretty icy, so there was a fair amount of stuff that we couldn't do - but I have some good pictures of the fun- see here. It was cooooooldd!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

other than making me very cold just looking at the photos it looks like every one had fun I think tho that I would rather BE BOWLING glad you finaly got a bowling ball hope it helps your game....keep having fun...LUV U GRAMS