Friday, March 7, 2008

Hello...again... hello.

Winter is back. dammit.

Bowling was interesting the other day - I actually bowled pretty good: 136, 136, 119. But no turkeys - which is good (remember the old man and his threat?). I think the old guy realized that I'm not a good bowler, so he's never going to get to carry out the threat of a kiss for a turkey (plus if I was a good bowler I'd gutter it to avoid). So when he bowled a turkey, he kissed my hand. Hello!! Boundaries?! I don't know how to set them. Anyway, if I'da bowled 3 136's, I'da gotten a patch. I think they should make a bowling patch that just says "If..." If I ever get a patch, I will have to make myself some sort of Girl Scout style sash on which to affix said patch(es).

Speaking of making stuff - the quilt albeit small is coming along nicely and I hope to make it to the 2nd to last step this weekend. If so, maybe more pictures will appear.

I got invited to join a Summer softball team :) This is a dream come true. Seriously. When I was a little girl - I used to stand in the front yard and throw the baseball as high as I could in the air and try to catch it in the hopes that (I would and) a baseball scout would be driving by and say that I was good enough to play on a team - even a boys team. The question is why was that a fantasy of mine at 9? Because I wanted to be the center of attention? Did I want to be really good at something? The only girl in a group of 9 (how many people are on a baseball team) boys? Probably all of the above.

Now - is spring coming? I hope so - and this may be a sign. There were about 100,000 birds in the playground and I was outside - I heard a mighty roar as they all began to flap. Then I saw a big bird - maybe medium pigeon sized and I saw him pick up one of the 100,000 in his mouth. Was he the little bird's mom? Or are birds cannibals? I was both perplexed and shnockered. It's easy to be both perplexed and shnockered when you're drunk.

Speaking of drunk, I'll no longer be drinking in the rays of cable TV. (Bad segue.) I canceled cable for the house yesterday. Why? Well, for a few reasons - one is that Dan Judy dared me. Another is that my cable company is annoying. And the third is that my excuse for keeping cable was that it was only $25/month and I could watch Comedy Central - well, lately Comedy Central has been more annoying than funny (despite Stephen Colbert being absolutely fantastic last night with John Legend). I can watch Daily Show and Colbert Report online. I have Wii, Netflix and quilting, card-making and dog entertaining. I bowl and this summer I will be playing softball. I have two jobs. I really don't even begin to watch enough cable TV to justify yet another method of entertainment. Next year I will stop buying clothes and will begin to weave and dye my own yarn and fabric. Well on my way to self-sufficiency and not personally being held down by the man. Now the campground will never be self-sufficient, because (and here's a little irony) most people require a certain level of luxury when they are roughin' it. Judys excluded, of course.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW What a great blog -- I don't even know where to start or what to say except GREAT BLOG!!!!
Good For you on all of it..LUV U GRAMS

DJ said...

YEAH! I guess I have to take the plunge now, huh? We shall see...

Also, I agree with Grama Rae -- this particular blog killed me. I laughed like 6 times at least.

tt said...

Not having cable is a sacrifice I'm not willing to make, but I thought you would also like this-

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/26/28-not-having-a-tv/