Monday, March 10, 2008

I both adore and detest....

...Daylight savings time. I hate that this morning I felt exhausted at 8:30 am. I love that I took a walk with Beppo after 5:00 pm. I'm thinking that tomorrow (when it's supposed to be 71!!!) my clock will be way better and I will just adore DST.

...hammocks. Well - permanently affixed hammocks. The ice storm this year fell down on top of my hammock and made it a little knotted. So this afternoon I untangled it. And it's all prepared for tomorrow's 71 degrees.

...flowering gardens. Our gardens today got a thorough cleaning - emptying out the leaves and dead growth and I've started taking pictures - there's one bloomin' bunch that I've taken several pictures of and I'm gonna keep going until it blooms - then I will have a neat movie.

...learning to quilt. I think it's really cool that I'm learning to quilt. And I know I'm gonna make another one when this one's done. But I wish I'd learned this when I lived with my mom - cuz it is sometimes difficult to understand the instructions for the next step.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well- let me see here We in Az don't have to go thru all of the trouble of getting used to the time change the only thing is we have to figure out what time it is where we want to call....glad to hear about the flower garden and am looking forward to the photos of flowers .. glad the hammock is ready you will enjoy it I know it is shorts weather here too... I think I will be the first to submit a pattern for the quilt I want you to make for me.. but right now it is hard to think quilt in this warm weather...
LUV U GRAMS

Anonymous said...

...early spring in the South. I love it because it's almost like this epic struggle between good and evil, between warmth and cold. I like that warmth is winning this week because I haven't been able to feel my toes (and more recently, my fingers) for about 5 months. The flowers, specifically the daffodils, are starting to bloom. I hate it because we all get sick with the temps being so up and down, and I'm under enough stress as it is without having to be the nurse as well as the mom, the wife, the maid, the cook, the financial guru, and still have time for me.

BTW: I like your blog. I wish I had the motivation and dedication to do something like this...I can hear you *saying* everything I read, it sounds so flowing and sincere.

Anonymous said...

Spring has sprung for sure. My Irises are coming up - I wonder if they will be fast enough growers to bloom before summer gets here. The Yucca have bloomed and already begun dropping their flowers. The front yard is a sea of yellow from the weed flowers. The Cacti are showing their white flowers. For being a slow-paced area - you gotta move fast to see the flowers here before they are gone to avoid the heat of summer.
My website is almost ready - how's the guitar coming?