Thursday, March 13, 2008

Comment responses

LJ- You have to come to KS soon... Simply have to!

Gma and Dan - As usual glad to entertain, although, I re-read my blog and here's the breakdown of amusement I displayed.
Smiles- 1
Chuckles- 2
Guffaws- 0
You guys might need higher standards in the 'entertainment' realm.

Tara- now this is entertainment! I am white (I think - Gma you may want to expand upon this if you can) and I have TV - kinda - through the Internet - but I'm so glad you brought it up so I can continue to talk about how I don't have TV. :) But one thing - could you refrain from posting comments that link to blogs that are clearly clever-er and more laughter inducing? It's a real blow to my self-esteem and may cost me readers.

My quilt is on hold - I'm on the stinking last step and my sewing machine (which was the cheapest one I could buy probably 4 years ago) isn't strong enough to quilt through the layers... so...

Spring is taking a vacation starting tomorrow - so I'm hoping to finish the gardens and raking this afternoon. I've started my skin cancer for the summer. Skin cancer in reality is no laughing matter - and so I put sunblock on my face, because I don't want cancer there. I'm a role model for rebels and other TV hating white people. Go , Dan Judy. Cancel that cable and then we can talk about how awesome we are even if one of is right-wing and one of us is left-wing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow once again you said a lot -- as for me on the WHITE subject YES you are white but soon both you and Grm will look different with our beautifully TANNED skin
(however I must have missed something because I don't remember WHITE being mentioned)
sorry about the sewing machine -- spring is here for sure-so the quilt could stay on hold till winter again.. LUV U GRAMS

tt said...

Umm, "stuff white people like" is riddled with cynicism and mockery of our whiteness while your blog is full of fresh and unjaded (usually) commentary on the whiteness that is life in KS. Don't be threatened Cassie, you write for a different genre. I'm not sure which one yet.

Anonymous said...

Even us in the genre, who so faithfully devour Cassie Seeking don't know what genre we are in!
Only subject was white snow that I remember at least...but alas my memories are quick to leave. I will have to re-read.

DJ said...

A quick perusal of the US Census Bureau's website reveals that Kansas is 85% white, versus 71% for Virginia. Fun factoid of the day.

SillyCass said...

Ah - yes... but how many people in VA don't have TV? I can think of at least 1 in KS that doesn't have cable. Did I mention that I think TV rots your brain?

The Mystery - mom and gma - follow this link as supplied by Tara. I hesitate to put it in here, mainly because it certainly 1-ups my blog.

http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.wordpress.com/2008/01/26