Saturday, January 12, 2008

Today's hard work

Well - I've lost my photographer. So you'll just have open your minds and let your imaginations go. I suppose I could take a picture of the final work and then those close-minded among you would be able to understand as well.

If you're good, I'll take a picture.

So this morning Jeff started pushing our enormous pile to the gutter so the city will pick it up. I guess we should just be pleased that the city is going to pick up the damage at all, but I can't help but wish they would have just come into the campground and saved us all a lot of trouble today. Anyway - while he was doing the big work in the warm cab of the skid loader, I was working with a rake and the dump truck. And then I started to get ambitious. I took the only ladder we have now - a 6 foot triangle ladder and put it on top of a picnic table. Then I got the electric chainsaw ans climbed the ladder as high as I could and got to sawing. I got a few big pieces down before Jeff came over and told me how silly I was being. Then he let me climb in the bucket of the skid loader and lifted me up for one more piece, but then he made me stop. It was probably for the best anyway, but still....

Anyway - the place for the imagination really comes in when you think about how many little twigs I picked up - a very full dump truck load! Hard to believe that there is still more to be done tomorrow.

Ok you were good:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW All of your hard work paid off the park looks beautiful..
keep up the good work LUV U GRAMS

Anonymous said...

Sorry that we didn't get to help anymore - but I love your creativity with the ladder! I would have done that too! I can see what an improvement the playground is already! Love ya, Mom