Friday, January 25, 2008

Definition of Pride

Get ready to load me down with external validation. Today I am the Queen of the campground.

I fixed my shower head. I took the faucets off and gooped the washers up with Vaseline and replaced them. Voila! No More Drips! I was thinking last night that maybe the seal just wasn't great... and it was a thought that i could fix it.

then ... today is a fairly warm day - a high of 41, and tomorrow is going to be mid-50's. So I realized that tomorrow would be a great day to climb trees and do some more sawing if only I had a ladder. This genius and Queen of campground sawed the bent part off the ladder and drilled holes for new feet. I am champion. Tomorrow I have a date with trees... and the chainsaw. The trees would be smart just to drop their broken limbs now. Sadly, most of the trees on the campground are too dumb to actually do this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most?? Smart trees terrify me. Good work, little miss fixer-upper!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am impressed again! Vaseline - I would not have thought of that. Although probably only a temp fix it will work until you can get new faucets. The ladder - another wow from this peanut gallery! The trees should fear you! If the chainsaw won't start - hit the reset button on the outlet. You probably have a Cassie-rig way to do it - but I knew the quick way. Love ya - please be careful! - What can I say - but WOW WOW WOW!

tt said...

All hail Queen of the Campground! (and conservation and recycling).