Sunday, June 3, 2007

June and the Pirate

This blog has nothing to do with June (except the month of, perhaps) and there will be no pirate mentioned. Got your attention, though didn't I, Laura Judy?

SO this week was more exciting than the blog may have implied. I didn't blog much, but several things of note did happen.

I believe I'm being hit on by an older gentleman (my target audience) who has invited me to have 'beans and cornbread' and beer with him and now offered to take me for a ride on his hog (not literal). I'm running out of polite ways to say no.

I got to go swimming a little on Thursday and again yesterday! Very exciting. I wanted to go today, but...

my hammock got in the way. I've used my hammock just about everyday and I realize now that continuing to fantasize about owning a hammock was justifiable. I dozed all afternoon in my hammock. Next (this) week, we are expecting a high of 90 and a low of 67 on Wednesday, so I'm considering attempting a whole night in the hammock.

I drove a back-hoe. This is a big machine (huge really) that can dig whole holes or carry big things in a scoop. (This description was taken from wikipedia.com.) The neighbor, Rod, was trimming trees with a chainsaw. He needed someone to lift him (he stood in the bucket) and steer him around so he could cut. Enter Cassie, stage left. It was pretty cool. I told him the next time I do that, I want to take a picture to show you guys. :)

I put out a fire. On Monday, a camper came to the office and said "I think some bimbo put her cigarettes in the dumpster." This brought to mind several comebacks - the most obvious one is that "bimbo" brings to mind a ditzy blond with big perky boobs. I wanted to tell him we don't get many of those - just gray hairs with big saggy boobs. But onward. I went outside and saw no smoke or anything, but told them I would throw a bucket of water on there for good measure. I sauntered (literally) to the bucket and then to the faucet and by the time I got back there were actual flames. I was fairly surprised. I threw two buckets on there (for good measure.) Rod, a firefighting hero, told me he was glad I didn't lose my head and call 911. I told him, if I had, maybe I could meet some boys. :)

Today I was full of energy and went for 2! bike rides for a grand total of 18 miles today. I can justify eating chocolate ice cream right out of the container.

Love to all!

Oh! And welcome to June.

7 comments:

SillyCass said...

wow...that is a random advertisement from abroad. I'm world-famous.

SillyCass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I am telling you I am sitting here completely SPEACHLESS the blog was so exciting I wait all week to hear your adventures oh and I do have to admit that at first when you spoke of the OLD GUY hitting on you I thought of ROD... but then I realized you were probably talking about a really OLD GUY.(is it someone in the campgrnd?)
I am so glad you are having such a fun filled life... LUV U GRAMS

tt said...

Although I completely am in support of you calling the fire department to meet some new blood, I think perhaps putting Potsy up in a tree would be better than seeming like an extreme overreacter to some little flames you could put out yourself.

Anonymous said...

Rodrigo's post appears to be in a Portugeise dialect - roughly translated it says...

Hi, I found your blog for google very interesting I liked this post. My blog, is on personalized t-shirts, shows step by step how to create a personalized t-shirt. Until more.

Sorry but my skills are very rusty. Not sure if they were saying yours deserved to be printed on a T-shirt - but one might recommend a shortened version so we could go with a standard length shirt. Just a thought! Love ya, MomCASSmy

Unknown said...

That DID catch my attention! I wish June and the Pirate were here right now. I could use a good laugh. Or a personalized t-shirt.

tt said...

Rodrigo no teng vreguna.

I'm pretty sure that in loose terms that means he has no shame, Rodrigo, I mean. It is supposed to be a neutral comment, but I think the English connotation is appropriate here. If I could say self promotion in Portuguese I would.