Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I think I figured something out...

Ok - so this is going to sound cheesy, but I think I may have figured something out last night. I went and hauled wheat again (This time I have a picture of my semi!) and I was thinking on and on about what I'm supposed to do with my life - some people seem to have it generally figured out and I'm really jealous of them. And then I thought - maybe I'm not supposed to have my whole life path figured out right now - maybe I would be unhappy if that were the case. So I will do what makes me most happy from day to day, year to year. And today, this year, the campground is much more satisfying that any job I've had in the past!! I can stop worrying and thinking and just enjoy it until I don't anymore! It's a relief!


7 comments:

tt said...

Not cheesy, although I think we all worry we will sound like we are being so when figuring out one of life's beautiful simple truths. Being comfortable where we are doesn't ahve to mean we are settling for being mediocre. It means we are aware that we don't have to ocnstantly suffer in order to acheive great things.

Anonymous said...

I agree - being happy is not settling - it is closer to nirvana than a lot of a-types can even imagine. It was constant managerial argument of mine that people shouldn't be forced to move to new jobs just because they reached the top level in their current job. People CAN and are happy doing what they enjoy doing. Promoting or moving for some imagined sense of self-worth is a huge waste of time. trying to better yourself through self-education - little miss truck driver - is closer to self satisfaction than some corporate sense of constant moves up some greed-based ladder!

I rant - I rave - and then I go back to my corporate controlled atmosphere :-)

Anonymous said...

Might need to change the Blog Title from Cassie Seeking... as it sounds like you have found! I'm happy for you. Anyone who thinks running a camground is a "slide-job" doesn't have the slightest idea of the skills, patience and perserverance it requires. We've joked about the signature line titles, but in truth running a service-business alone is a true test of ones whole self. Kudos to you, Bert!

Anonymous said...

and furthermore... on top of that!
Good for you. I was 35 before I even knew there was a question about life much less an answer.
A wise someone once said to me "Life is an easy thing ..if you just let it be" Now you can decide if that means "be" as like in it is... or "be" as like in easy. I know what it means to me.
Good Job
Love
Aunt Sandi

Anonymous said...

Well I am here too but I am among a very talented group of people that always know the correct thing to say .. I wish you the best in anything you try and am glad that you are brave enough to go ahead and try them... and by the way WOW What a big truck you rode in ... I at my age have not done half of the things you have done this summer so the old line is"KEEP ON TRUCK" or anything else you want to try,,, LUV U GRAMS

Anonymous said...

P.s. I forgot the ING on trucking... Sorry

Anonymous said...

Please NO sky diving