Monday, June 18, 2007

Dude! I rode an elephant today!

And people think Kansas is boring!

So a looong time ago, LJ and I made some lists (I have no idea what really was on my list, but everyone once in a while LJ will be like "That was on our list!") of things to do before we die. Well, I am one step closer to that. (That sounds morbid.)

I rode an elephant today at the circus! It was pretty awesome. I had a really really great time - I went with the neighbor kids, Zack and Brooke. That's a new experience, taking kids to the circus. Either way, the elephants are a bitter sweet sorta thing, because I can't help but wonder if they are happy, but they looked healthy and I never saw them restrained by anything, really, chains or otherwise. Anyway - I'm sorry by how much I enjoyed touching and being that close to an elephant. Maybe someday I will ride a wild elephant. Well, not too wild. No more wild than me.... :). Something else learned today - very difficult to sit like a lady on a 'phant.



More pics here:
circus pictures

Youtube.com videos here:
Elephant movie #1
'Phant movie #2

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow for someone who lives in KANSAS you sure do have an exciting life... and to me even on an elephant you look great.. it was good that you had the time to take those kids to the circus and they looked like they were enjoying it.....Grams

Anonymous said...

Wow... That looks like fun!!!
Love
Aunt Sandi

Unknown said...

That's the coolest thing ever! I like the video of the elephants holding each other's tails in their trunks, just like in Dumbo. Did they help set up the tents, too? Also, to be honest, I think riding elephants might be the only thing I remember from the lists, which makes it the most important one! Riding a camel might have been on there, too...you maybe should go back today.

Unknown said...

P.S. Anyone who think Kansas is boring should visit you immediately. Once they see the abundance of greyhounds, the dancing pirates and the humongous low-flying birds, they'll change their minds.

Unknown said...

thinks-forgot the s and had to edit it!

SillyCass said...

And you call yourself a writer.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is soooo cool! I'm 35 and never got to ride an elephant. I know you are 26 and worse yet your brother is 28 - so what can I say, I was a tramp when I was a kid. Glad you had so much fun. Love and Miss ya. MomCASSmy

Anonymous said...

Hmm - Elephant rides in Kansas...

Whodathunkj such a thing? I am jealous - well not really - but it sounds good!