Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's the circle of life, I guess...

Some of the things in this post will have accompanying photos...others most certainly will not. A few weeks ago a mama cat had a litter on the campground. Yesterday, I noticed they moved into our carport and are mostly living under mom's truck. there are 3 of them - two that are black and white and 1 that is black, white and Potsy-colored. While there is some debate as to whether Potsy would've been man-enough to father these kittens, a study of timelines and debate as to whether he has even got the instinct to do so, I like to pretend that he's the dad of just that one. Sometimes that happens with slutty humans, why not slutty cats?





Aren't they adorable?

Well, this morning the office opened really early - 8:00 am to be exact and as I'm walking to help a camper park, I notice something under the truck. Something disgusting. It is the carcass of a squirrel. And the truck hasn't moved, so there's really only one culprit. You know on one hand - kudos to the mom for teaching and providing for her babies, but next time, could they pick a squirrel that they can actually eat? I mean someone's got to clean this up. Gross.

Unfortunately I must clean it up. That doesn't stop me from wanting to pet these kitties although they probably have rabies now.

UPDATE: So I've just cleaned it up... well not 'just'. I cleaned it up, then washed my hands vigorously and got my gag reflex under control and then came to give you the update. I'm now trying to decide if this will make me a vegetarian or more of a meat-eater. Gross.

3 comments:

DJ said...

"Squirrel," apart from being just a plan weird word, is impossible to spell.

SillyCass said...

You made me double-check my spelling. Kudos to you as well, killa.

Anonymous said...

so now instead of WHOS YOUR DAD
you gota say WHOS YOU MOM? We all know that the tom cat POTSY would be tom cattin around (he is not too young) after all he is a CAT.... besides maybe he brought the afore mentioned animal for his children. keep up the good work LUV U GRAMS