Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 4: The last full day

SO this blog I actually wrote in paragraph form.. so it will be much easier to understand I hope, Dr. Bishop.

This morning I am awake at my usual time - around 7:30. LJ is still sound asleep. I'm on the balcony listening to the waves and trying to decide how long I can wait before I wake her up or just let her sleep and go have breakfast alone. (Little known fact: I used to wake LJ up on the weekends when we were roomies in college. For some reason she is still my friend.)

The waves are humongous again this morning and there is a valet guy whistling really loudly in the courtyard. It's incredibly peaceful. The sun is definitely already warming the joint up and I'm thinking maybe we can go para sailing? I dunno though - it looks like you have to go all the way back to El Otra Cabo for para sailing... maybe more souvenirs? I'm going to try to convince LJ...

We went PARA SAILING!! I was so nervous but it was amazing. My legs were literally shaking while I sat on the back half of the boat while they strapped me in. I want to do that every day for the rest of my life. The two capitans of the boat were so nice! When I was at the top of the rope, I did pray a little bit, and I'm not a huge pray-er. It was just like, ok I know this is risky, I'm sorry, please don't kill me :) There were 5 people on the boat 2 brothers (or lovers?), LJ and me and 1 other random guy. The 2 brovers were very friendly and we talked to them a good bit - they were from the cruise ship that was docked in Cabo. When we got off the boat, we hit some bars again and ran into them at Cabo Wabo :) that was funny. We went back to the Giggling Marlin, where we had the world's best Queso dip and more margas. Once we got back to the taxi, we were the only people there on time for the taxi driver, so we had the whole van and the driver to ourselves. What did we do for that 30 minutes? Played a little game I like to call "Como se dice..." For example:

Setting: Mexican Taxivan
Players:
LJ, a drunk, awkward girl
Cassie, a second drunk, awkward girl
Alfonso, friendly Mexican Taxi driver

LJ: Como se dice.... swimming?
Alfonso: Nadar.
Cassie: Como se dice...murder?
Alfonso: Muerto.

Etc..etc...

Back at the resort we were delighted to see Gerardo... and delighted him by yelling "Gerardo!" We needed him to help us by calling Andres for the taxi ride to the airport tomorrow... awwww.. the trip is over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well thank you for a great time reading.... you have such an interesting life.. and a wonderful vactaion...keep on bloging..and never mind Dr Bishop..he will understand this one for sure...LUV U Grams

Unknown said...

Como se dice...I love Gerardo?