Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Update?

Hey to all - long time no blog. Unfortunately, that's because there really hasn't been much going on.

On Sunday morning Jeff and I went to a boulder patch in someone's pasture - they had enormous sandstone boulders which Jeff uses fairly often in his landscape design. The pasture is owned by one of his customers who gave him the go ahead to poach the rocks. They were definitely huge rocks and beautiful. It was pretty cool - I would scout out the good boulders, and he would pick it up with the skid loader and put it on the trailer. All told, I would guess we had at least 1 ton of rock. Then I was told to drive DOWN the hill with the rocks in the trailer and on the truck and meet Jeff at the bottom where we would reload the skid loader. Well...I have never driven anything with a trailer on the back of it and certainly nothing with a trailer with a ton of rocks on it. Apparently I was going pretty fast considering my load!!! Luckily nothing broke, and I've learned my lesson: Take your foot off the brake only occasionally. And don't be afraid to brake hard! So that was an adventure. Anyway - we really did get some beautiful rocks out of it and I got one small-ish one to give to mom and dad for their rock project.




Last night was the start of winter bowling league on Tuesday nights for me. This is an official sanctioned event. In that, there were dues. I technically could compete with the greats now. Well... in theory. My scores last night were inconsistent: 140, 78(!), 135. A decent average to improve upon. :)

Potsy is coming into his own as a fighter. I'm trying to get him really acclimated to being an outside cat, but he is such a whiner when he wants back in! Unfortunately, when he's inside, he 'fights' with Beppo. And Beppo (as a good doggie!) doesn't hurt him. So he's learning that fighting with a dog 5 times his size is perfectly safe. I don't know if that's a good lesson to learn as an outside cat. You can't really tell in this video, but Potsy has pieces of Beppo in his mouth at least an inch of skin and fur. It's really very brave.



Anyway - that's really all that's going on here - gearing up for some company next weekend when Rob comes into town and then a week after that I get a vacation!! Mom and Dad are back from Hawaii and are coming to relieve me from my post. I'm hoping a trip to a beach somewhere takes shape!! With mojitos or margaritas on the beach! but really - any sort of vacation will be much much enjoyed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A hunter, gatherer, and truck driver... were those on your resume previously? Someday you will get to put Super-bowler on there too. :) Not good to start out too hot on your first night - as they will expect it from you each week - just ask Jeff, Mr. Most Improved from last year! Not sure how Potsy would do outside other than he can run fast and climb trees! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

well mom said it all I was just thinking that now you can add TRUCK DRIVER/ROCK HAULER.. to your long list of talents...I also was wondering how in the world you managed to bowl 76 you must have stopped bowling before the game was over....LUV U GRAMS
OH AND WELCOME BACK

DJ said...

You have quite the menagerie there.