Saturday, September 1, 2007

Gorgeous Saturday!

I hope it's as beautiful where you are as it is here. I've decided to be more specific should someone ask "what is your favorite season?" I used to just say summer, but really the answer is the first month of summer and the last month of summer. Perfect temperatures, blue skies. Excellent, excellent, excellent.

Well lately I've been taking Beppo for walks. The reason for this is many-fold (manifold?) but really it's because she has so much energy it's been driving me nuts! So Leon loaned me this barbaric looking collar. I would've been taking her for walks before but the pulling is insane. Anyway, this collar is NOT a choke collar, but just pokes her when she pulls. It can't hurt too bad because she doesn't yelp (plus it's loose enough to put two fingers under it when she's not pulling). But as much as it doesn't seem like it can be terrible, she is a different dog when she's wearing it. I can actually walk her. So that's good news - the only problem, I'm realizing what a scaredy-cat my dog is. It's embarrassing.
Things Beppo is scared of:
guardrails
flags
stationary, non-running motorcycles
paperboys
gas stations

She is so scared of the unmanned, unmoving motorcycle that she actually cowers, tail between the legs, the whole bit. I'm going to have to start walking her when the rest of the town is asleep to avoid shame.

Love to all - enjoy your loooong weekend!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beppo is like Paul Anka from Gilmore Girls in many ways.

tt said...

Dizzy is also afraid of gas stations, and vacuums for that matter. She is not afraid of hornets or bees, however.

Bishop Dr. Michael C. Lewis said...

Tell Beppo that the guardrails are just as afraid of her as she is of them. I think there was an after school special about this very thing. It changed my life.

DJ said...

Mike, I believe it was a very special episode of 'Blossom.'

Anonymous said...

I miss Gilmore Girls!!