Friday, July 6, 2007

recipes

I have gotten a couple of requests for recipes -

DOUBLE CHOCOLATE ZUCCHINI BREAD
Printed from COOKS.COM

2 sm. zucchini (about 1/2 lb. total) or 2 c. grated
4 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 c. oil
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 2 (8 x 4) loaf pans.

Grate zucchini. In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl, combine zucchini except the chocolate chips. Stir into dry ingredients until just blended. Stir in chocolate chips.

Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick stuck in the center of the bread comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cool on rack 10 minutes, then remove from pans and cool completely.

I haven't tried this choco bread (I might cook it today-I'll update if I do), but sounds pretty good! :)

Fried zucchini:

I put 'french fry' size zucchini in beaten eggs, then a flour mixture of flour, pepper, cayenne, italian seasoning and fresh parmesan cheese (I don't measure this stuff, I just put enough of everything in a pie plate to taste good and coat the number of 'fries' I'm making.) Shake off the excess flour batter, then gently put it in hot oil - about 380 deg. for a couple of minutes. While they are cooking, I nuke some Prego. Then pull the 'fries' out and drain on paper towels and sprinkle with a little bit more cheese. After they cool a little I dip them in the sauce and eat 'em! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "Fried Zuc" I will try it when it gets cooler
Aunt Sandi

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you found the choco zuc I have been wondering about it for yrs and am ready to make some soon.... GRAMS