Thursday, May 3, 2007

Benefits of Single-dom

Now I am sure there are plenty of these benefits that I cannot even begin to list or think of so feel free to add to the list. In fact, I almost require you marrieds or singles to comment to me with one benefit of single life.

Here's what I've come up with (my favorite is last I think):

1. Shaving... no need to say more
2. Music - play what I want, when I want
3. Flatulence - most days, there is less. (this made me laugh to type)
4. Car seat - no one has messed with my distance or angle to the steering wheel in a long time
5. Dirty dishes in the sink are my dirty dishes. I can't blame anyone but me for them being there, and if I decide to recycle - I know who's germs I'm ingesting.
6. Closet space
7. I am drinking Chocolate milk right now - like a 7-year old, yes - out of a fancy wine glass. And it is delightful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well as an older member of the now married sector-but having spent some time in the single life I can think of a few things that I now remember were pretty nice in that life style..the one main thing that comes to mind is the use of the bathroom (excuse me here DAN)
and there are many others but now it is someone elses turn to speak up. LUV U GRAMS

Anonymous said...

Single since 1989...loving it and staying that way! Reasons...many
1. no one is laying on the couch and telling you what you are not doing right!
2.when you have a 20 bill in your pocket... it is still there when you go to spent it.
3. You can go to bed when you are tired... not when someone else says you need to go.
4.You can get up when you are rested... and no one can make you think you are lazy if you don't get up at 6 am every morning.
5. you can eat PB&J if you want to for dinner.
6. You can have a dog, or a cat, or a pig, or a bird and not have to ask permission.
7. You can overdraft your account and not have to explain why...or how it happened... IT is not the worst thing in the world.
8 You can have your friends over and talk all night without someone asking if you were not "coming to bed"
9.You can have "garbage" in the fridge and no one asks you "What is this?"
10. You can take a bath for hours with out someone knocking on the bathroom door and asking
"What are you doing in there?"

These are just the top 10.

you can learn plumbing from your Mom
and you can hire an Electrition.
You are smart enough and have a great education. You can live your life anyway you want!
It has been said to me that I am Bitter...
Not true... just have come to enjoy the life I have
I can live at the beach if I want!
Love you
Aunt Sandi