Saturday, August 2, 2008

I was finally a cowboy!!

Well, I have once again falling behind on my blogging. The good news (or bad?) is that I'm falling a little behind on other things too, so don't feel like you are being neglected alone.

A couple of weekends ago, Old Abilene Town celebrated National Cowboy Appreciation Day. And I DO so appreciate a good cowboy. Basically what it was was a little showcase for Old Abilene Town, and we had a few little things like a stage coach ride and stuff. Here's a few fun pictures.




These pictures are of the same day - but not the Cowboy thing - one of them is of a real horse's ass, tho...




I didn't actually wear a cowboy hat... but I have recently shopped for chaps! I'm not actually going to buy any because I don't have a horse. And I'm not quite that flashy. The fair was in town (not the circus - no elephants), but the rodeo and derby and stuff. We had the big parade on Thursday which I did not ride in, but did participate in the drinking and watching aspects of parading. Some would say those are the most important parts of parading. I mean, if we didn't have people watching, all those people in the parading would just be really annoying drivers who litter.

Prior to this line, this blog was just waiting on pictures...I was too lazy. But then today we (Me, Tommy, and his kids, Kyler and Slayde) took Beppo and Baby to a pond and Beppo surprisingly swam! At first we were just going to take Baby, but I was talked into draggin Beppo along and she actually played in the water more than Baby! I forgot my camera but had my new phone (which reminds me if you want me to have your number, text or call me - I can't even get to the contacts on my old phone). so here are the best pictures I was able to get:



Beppo shaking off :)



It definitely made my day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yip-e-i-o-kai-yea!
Welcome back to cyberspace - missed my dose severly. Maybe Beppo will tease Baby enough to actually shame her into the water play next time. Glad you are having some fun in your otherwise hectic life. BTW - good point on the parade thing. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I also am glad you are back and having enough fun to write about it. you did not say any thing about the photo of the deer did you realy get that close to them.
keep up the fun and letting us share it. LUV U GRAMS

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you clarified about the elephants! Silly me! :-) Next year I want to come to this. I need a cowboy or two.

Bishop Dr. Michael C. Lewis said...

Congratulations, the best dogs in the world know how to swim.