Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Duck, Duck, Duck...

I have ducks! i haven't updated you, because I hadn't seen them in a while and thought perhaps there was a chance they were 'sleeping with the fishes'. I don't really know for how long they will stay with me, but I have em!! the gypsies came up today and said they couldn't catch their ducks and they were pulling out of the campground... so I caught them. Well, technically, it took 3 people about an hour to catch them. They are not biters. Right now Patty and Alan are relaxing in a dog crate with water, grass and bread. I know it's not right to keep them in there for long. But technically I'm not supposed to have them in the city limits at all. If we take them to Brown's Park, they may be run off. If we take them to a farm pond, they may not eat, because they seem a little domesticated. Even though it took a little while to catch them, they didn't fly or bite. Could they protect themselves from coyotes... or bigger ducks?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have the perfect place to keep them it is the dog pen behind the garage and mower shed.
just put one of those kiddy pools in there and throw them some corn now and then and they would be happy little ducks oh and don't forget that duck poop really stinks. good luck LUV U GRAMS

Anonymous said...

Well Patty and Alan just don't know how lucky they are that you are too kind to pluck em. I can hear you singing all the way over here... Goodbye gypsies, goodbye gypies, I'm glad to see you go. Go FASTER!!

tt said...

Do ducks have to protect themself from other ducks? Like Disco Duck? Or Howard?