Saturday, May 3, 2008

Good quote!

So I came across this quote today and realized how much it fits me:

When I was younger, I could remember anything, whether it had happened or not.
- Mark Twain

For those of you who don't know - I have memories that aren't mine. I'm so good at internalizing the stories of others that I remember riding in the back of a pick-up truck under a tarp holding a baby during a thunderstorm. My mom insists this never happened to me... and bears a striking resemblance to an actual memory she has.

The world may never know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember you remembering that story! I just didn't know that little bit about it being something Mom also remembered. I wonder if you empathize with people in such a way that their joy or fear makes an lasting impression on you, and that's why their reminiscing becomes yours.

*shrug*

Anonymous said...

No baby under tarp...she was in the cab. It was Uncle Claude's red and white pick-up we were going camping at Alan's Basin and the car we were traveling in couldn't go any further up the trail. So we loaded our supplies in Claude's truck. Fish hooks and all.