Sunday, December 2, 2007

Happy December!

Yesterday Abilene had its Christmas parade and it was surprisingly warm - very windy and gray, but 61 degrees, so I went for it. I took Brooke and we walked downtown.

Areas of improvement:

Could've been a longer parade. The 4th of July parade is easily a 2 hour route. The Christmas parade was probably 20 minutes - tops. I do understand though. I mean, what if it would've been 20 degrees outside - I would've been out there only long enough for a 5 minute parade.
Also - needs more Christmas music. While waiting for them to light the lights and tree (which flipped a breaker, so that was a little anti-climactic) they played only one song - and only one time, so there was plenty of time to eavesdrop on all the conversations around us. It was a good song, but still...there are hundreds to choose from!
And the kids should be told to focus on both sides of the parade route with their candy throwing. Brooke and I were on the wrong side...soo.... no candy for us. And one float threw popped pop-corn. Not in a bag. I saw a little little kid pick a piece up off the road and eat it. A little dirt don't hurt, but that's extreme.

An interesting addition: Abilene is the home of a Fashion Museum. I would say THE fashion museum, but I doubt that's true. Anyway, last night before the parade started they had live models in the window modeling the clothes- presumably local high school girls. It was very Return to Oz meets America's Next Top Model. In otherwords: Tres, tres creepee.

Anyway - at least it got me out of the house to enjoy a little Christmas music. :) Here is a modern picture of Santa.



Speaking of pictures - I took a few of Molly, including videos, this Thanksgiving, but don't want to overwhelm you with her cuteness here. So here is a link to the pictures:

Molly's pics

And the video, if you are interested (he knows if you've been drinking):



I only wish we had video of when she showed us how a piggy eats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy December - sounds like yours is off to a fun start. I too wish there was a piggy video - but the Carol is adorable. Popcorn - hmm that was a interesting choice. Maybe it was just supposed to look like snow? Strange. Anyways, keep us posted on the holiday happenings in Abilene. Love and Miss Ya...