Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm a geek with a hammer

So last night a friend of mine gave me an old printer/fax that had broken to take apart. It kept saying there was a jam when one couldn't be found - so he bought a new printer (since this was a dinosaur anyway) and let me dismantle this one.

At first my goal was to take it apart in a way that could fix it - but I quickly gave that up. It was impossible to get this thing apart. So in came the hammer.


Please note the drink, Pomeranian, hammer and shoes for the size (and explanation) of this mess.

This is the pile of things salvaged:


I see possibilities for the metal cylinder and the magnet and the fax keyboard for sure... the most fun for the keyboard. The rest of the stuff, I don't know... but it seemed like it could be useful. Oh - and that tiny stack of paper - there's your paper-jam.

Just your standard Monday night :)

No comments: