Sunday, July 25, 2010

20's Retrospective

So I'm officially 30. Can't beat around that anymore - but here's the thing - I'm actually kind of excited. I wasn't looking forward to the actual turning of the calendar page and considering I'm dating someone now 8 years younger than me I had to take a little shit today. But my thirties! It's almost like moving to a new city! I can ignore all those silly things I did in my 20's (wedding? South Korea? poor choices in general?) and say "Ah, I was sooo young!" And smile at how cute my poor choices were. And pretend to myself that I am obviously making much wiser decisions. Obviously.

So that being said - I am going to make some goals. Nothing crazy. Nothing toooo "New-Year's-Resolution-y" but something to keep from being that 60-year-old woman that clearly learned nothing from her silly 20s. Hopefully I will not only have the guts to tell you at least some of the goals, but also to keep you up to date with the carrying out of said goals.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Isn't it funny how much wiser you feel now? Plus you sound wiser too. BTW, I saw how old he was on some fb test...

Anxiously awaiting the list...