Monday, February 16, 2009

Daycare open for business - half run by very tired lady.

Well the daycare opened today - at 5:30! Do you know how much I wish I was kidding?? I took a sleeping pill last night around 8:30 ish so I could fall asleep and get enough sleep to get up at that time - thinking well the kid will sleep when he is dropped off. Not so much - got some sleep the kid was dropped off at 5:30 - and refused to sleep. We did watch Spongebob Squarepants and I admit I dozed, but every commercial, he would lose interest and look to me (OF all people!) for entertainment. Luckily Jenny came at 9:30 and relieved me - and I didn't have to work at taxes until 12, so I ran home and closed my eyes for a couple of hours. So I did ok - but I will sleep good tonight. Tomorrow no kids are being dropped off, I have to do taxes at 9, but I will sleep until 8:00. Soundly.

We still have some hoops to jump through for the city, including a hearing (!), but for at least the next 60 days the daycare is licensed and permitted. Right now we have 3 kids signed up - plus Jenny's baby. So things are a little slow, but we expect to things will fill up as the word spreads that we are open.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear more about this!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - hope the hoops get easier for all!

Anonymous said...

WOW so there realy is a 5:30 AM
good for you and good luck with it all LUV U GRAMS

DJ said...

I'm going to sign myself up. WAHHHHH!!!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cassie this is awesome you are doing this! I wish it was here in CO but its exciting to read this. Congrats to you! -Sandra D