Saturday, June 14, 2008

Tornado jokes...

Not really jokes... as much as just things that made me laugh. And now we're clearly out of danger and enough time has passed that you should not judge me for these laughs.

1st - on the radio in the storm shelter, the DJs (Deejays, not Dan Judys) kept saying Water Well Road. Which is fun to say. Try it. Water Well Woad would be way easier. Or, my personal favorite, Whatta Railroad! They said it about every 20 secs, because a tornado touched down there...and they were acting as if this was a very famous road. Water Well Road. Ahem. Yesterday Mom, Dad and I tried to head to Salina using our usual backroads, unfortunately, one was closed. So we had to venture off the beaten path (quite literally) and drive to Salina using mainly my bloodhound skillz. We had to drive on Water Well Road! And it is a dirt road that is delightfully bumpy. Felt like we were going 4-wheeling! I jiggled and giggled.

The second joke also came from the storm shelter radio. Those guys just set us up right and left for comedy gold. One of the 'spotters' was describing the aftermath of some dangerous winds - possibly a tornado. And he said "I don't know what it was, but something strong came through here." Unable to stop myself, I said "Like a BEAR!" My dad said "Sasquatch was here!" I wish I had been clever enough to remember Cassquatch.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Water Well Road I wonder if when the rains come does maybe the bumps fill in with water thus the name? Luv U Grams

DJ said...

Cassquatch is no joking matter.

tt said...

Tornadoes are not funny. How sad it is that I am relieved that even Cassie, the seasoned Kansan worries about her safety form time to time. This is only to save me form having to nurse my self esteem back to baseline after the trip when no one else but me was afraid : )

SillyCass said...

oh, by the way Tara - I think Steve was pretty scared.