Friday, June 13, 2008

Can I offer you a Nice Clean (R) Towelette?

So you may have heard about the tornadoes that touched down here Wednesday night. Or may be you didn't. But either way they touched the ground in the towns west of us and east of us, but skipped Abilene. Abilene really is a pretty blessed town. Mom, Dad and I spent about 30 minutes in the courthouse storm shelter, because believe it or not, my house doesn't have a storm shelter or basement. The town east of us, Chapman, got his pretty hard. It's about 12 miles from here and they are estimating that about 75-80% of the town was demolished by a 1/2-mile wide tornado.

Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures - but here's the link to the Abilene Newspaper.

Amazingly - we didn't even have any major limbs down. Our wireless antenna did appear to be struck by lightning... but that's getting off pretty easy considering.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow how lucky we all are LUV U Grams

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm SOOOO glad you were in a storm shelter even if it didn't hit you! The last thing I need is for you to be swept away to Oz!

(But if that ever happens, bring me back a flying monkey, please. I would think they could be quite useful.)