Thursday, June 26, 2008

I drove...

... a backhoe today. By far my biggest piece of equipment yet. You see, today has been crazy hectic. It all started when a camper got a little tiny zap from an outlet. Then my mom got mad and said you're moving with your Auntie and Uncle to Belair. No, but we dug a little and realized the power cables were pretty rotted and shocking people through the ground and potentially wasting a lot of money for the campground. So we decided that this morning we would trench. During the trenching (which I supervised and ran a little- even though the backhoe is larger, the trencher is by far the biggest pain-in-the-neck piece of equipment ever), we hit and broke a *ta-da* sewer pipe. The worst aspect of campground management. so we dug and dug and dug some more. Anyway - as of 4:00 pm this afternoon we (we being mostly Rod, Dad and Mom cuz I had to work job#2, but I did dig until noon and I made sandwiches...) had fixed the sewer pipe, worked job#2, and received a shipment of nearly 800 lbs of picnic tables (not the usual method of quantity measurement, but more impressive than saying '8'). And returned said trencher and backhoe. The job is nowhere near done- but at least we can use the shower to wash this dirt and sweat off. It was nearly 100 degrees here today. Anyway. Maybe some of you don't know what a backhoe is. Well, then, maybe some of you should look at this picture.

1 comment:

DJ said...

That is pretty bad-ass. But I won't believe that you actually drove it until I see a picture of you in it. You know how I do.