Sunday, November 30, 2008

Babies, babies, babies!

This weekend I got to do a really cool thing. I got to see twins born - a boy and then a girl. Live, in person. I was only 1 of three people in the room, which was really an honor. And I did get to hold a brand new baby. I've always wanted to be a mama and involved in babies, so I can't even begin to tell you how much this upped the "I want one" factor. The noises new babies make....it's kinda a cry, kinda a mewl. The boy was definitely the more difficult birthing- but the mom did both patiently and without drugs. A better goat than me, that's for sure. :) Did i trick you at all? Baby goats are one of the most cute things in the world. I wish I'd had my camera with me, but when I left the house I didn't predict I would be seeing a goat 'kid'. That's what it's called when a goat gives birth - kidding. A cow giving birth is called calving. When I get some land outside of town I will definitely have goats. Definitely.

I found this picture of a baby online - my goats were brown and white (which I named Tire Tracks and Santa Claus - I don't know if the owner will use those names... we'll see).



Now a real life picture. We were messing with the camera this weekend and Kyler took a picture while I was walking. And with no doctoring, this is how this particular photo turned out. Creepy, huh? I look like the freaking Grim Reaper. I tried to downplay it a little - because Kyler (only 10) kept saying maybe a ghost was standing in front of me when he took the picture and I didn't want him to get scared - but it really did creep me out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool weekend - maybe you should go into the delivery room with Erikka and you can give her and the dr some tips on kidding. Eerie picture is right - I think Kyler may know what he is talking about - remember kids can see ghosts easier than adults...See you in 5 days!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW what a great experience for you so now you think a farm girl is what you want to be are you going to return over to the kids and help the mom out now and then you can be their AUNT CASS they will be fun to watch grow oh and this is one more thing to add to your resume. LUV U GRAMS

tt said...

I love baby goats! You fooled me. I wondered woh this secret pregnant lady was who was letting people in her birthing room. See you soon! Go Jackets!

Anonymous said...

You have got to be KIDDING!