Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Thievery.

So apparently there is a rash of thievery occurring. People have been breaking into storage units over the past couple of nights between here and Salina. I read about the Salina break-ins here: Salina Storage Unit Break-ins, but was completely unaware that it had spread to Abilene until Rod, who hangs out with farmers, cops, retirees and outlaws, let me know that one of the Sheriffs told him that 3 storage facilities had been broken into in Abilene. Have I heard anything from our local news outlet? No. I'm not sure it even printed in our local newspaper and definitely won't be shared online until it is common knowledge.

Good news - all of our units and locks are intact and appear to be unharmed. (According to Rod - this is because we live on a bad side of town... thieves are scared. I say - it's because we live on the South side of the tracks, everyone knows there's nothing worth stealing down here. Regardless.)

Other possible good news... I would think it would be really fairly easy to get a online Abilene news site going... wheels are turning. Probably won't go anywhere, but spinning nonetheless.

No comments: